I’ve had an absolutely wonderful couple of days and if I said “manic”, that would be an understatement.
Certainly a birthday for the memory box, not a special numeric birthday, but it certainly felt like one.
Can I indulge and share some of my gorgeous gifts?
Stunning flowers, one bouquet short because my friend left mine on her doorstep as a reminder to bring it with her…..yup, she forgot it!!!!
Incidentally, I must apologies for the darkness of the photographs, I really must read the instructions for my camera.
Two of the yummiest birthday cakes. The bottom one was made for me by my great-neice who is just nine years old and is an seriously avid baker.
A special balloon from my great-nephew. I adore these type of gifts!
David Garrett CD
Garden voucher, Hobbycraft voucher, Jools Holland CD, FatFace scarf.
Some Cath Kidston goodies.
Sparkly wine and stopper (who needs a stopper?)
My best friend bought me the Pandora bracelet, complete with “best friend” charm.
Another friend made me this stunning beaded necklace.
My ex brother-in-law made me a very emotional CD entitled "Christmas's Past" which he'd compiled from old cine movies dated from 1968 - 1986. It was crazy seeing myself at 21 years old (was I really that thin?) and then with my three children at various stages of their childhood. A few tears too, seeing my beloved dad.
As well as all of the above gifts, I’ve already had a lovely two day break in Wiltshire, a Chinese meal, an Indian Banquet and next week a cream tea and two carveries!
A lifelong membership to Weight Watchers wouldn’t go amiss!
WOW! you were really spoiled AND you deserve to be. Beautiful gifts there. xx
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful gifts Wendy, so special, especially that DVD from the cine films, how thoughtful! So glad you had such a lovely day, you deserved it.
ReplyDeleteA birthday to remember!
ReplyDeleteLove all your gifts.
Bellaboo X
Looks like you had a wonderful and well-deserved day. :-) (thinks - how dead would I be if it was ME bought her the 'fatface' scarf
ReplyDelete?????)
Crikey, you did do well!
ReplyDeleteWoW! That's a birthday and a half!
ReplyDeleteYou'll treasure that CD..what a lovely thoughtful gift.
:0) Bellaboo
How lovely - I love the cakes, especially the special one made by your great neice. It will be so nice for you to look back on this post, and see all your presents laid out. What a great idea.
ReplyDelete