Is my front garden (and I use the term "garden" loosely due to its size!) the shortest-lived garden ever?I was quite pleased with my mini-transformation. Removing gravel, black liner and masses of roots to be replaced by pink rose bushes. Mmmmmmmmm the smell as I came out of the front door! I wondered why the neighbours were nodding knowingly...........................then today when I went out with the intention of pruning the roses, I realised the reason for the knowing nods! Alas, the deer from the copse had obviously paid me an early morning visit with deer hoof-prints as evidence. They had pruned the roses for me, every bud taken with only the dead or dying heads left.
Oh well, yet another job to the never ending list, re-planting them round the back and a quick Google for deer proof plants!

Use a electric fence QOSC they are appaently very effective.... :-)
ReplyDeletePoor you all that hard work. :-( hope you manage to find a suitable replacement..... darn though it looked good.
Love and hugs honey. Mwah X x X x X x X x X x X