This bag was made with a new pack of FQ’s that I bought at my local village table top sale. I was thrilled to get it for only £2 and to say it was just enough fabric is an understatement! The lining, handles and top edging was made with some scraps from yet another pair of Laura Ashley curtains. I also did a “triple” button stack decoration on the handles which was surprisingly easy, I didn’t expect the holes to line up – but they did. Phew.
This bag is going to my step-daughter in Canada as part of her birthday present. The last time I visited her I made her a patchwork quilt which was made up of horse design fabric squares and the same LA fabric used to line this bag. She’ll notice the similarity I’m sure! The patchwork quilt was my first attempt and it took up most of my suitcase. Her husband then very kindly bought me a cutting mat, rotary cutter and square template which I now constantly use. How I wish I’d had that when I made the quilt!
stunning as ever ♥
ReplyDeleteShe'll love it and I'm with you on the rotary cutter/board/templates .... they make life so much easier ... I've nearly finished another quilt with some FQ of mini print dolls house fabric but the light was so bad today I gave up x
ReplyDeleteLove that bag, hun!!
ReplyDeletesharon xx
The bag is lovely, I'm sure she'll love it, lucky girl!
ReplyDelete