Wednesday, 6 October 2010

Mum’s 88th Birthday - Hand-made Gifts

So what do you buy a mum who has everything?

Clean out of ideas this year I went down the hand-made route big time. I know she loves my little “bits” and I know these gifts will stay on her dining room table for about two weeks to enable her to show all and sundry who visit what “Wendy made for me”! 

So…………here we go:-

 

Two small cream enamel buckets from Hobbycraft to which I added some hearts and butterflies and then filled with Cadburys eclairs. I’m ashamed to admit to eating the rest of the box.

P1100279

 

Magnetic peg note holders

P1100282

 

Flannel cup cake

P1100284

 

Flannel swiss roll

P1100286

 

Laura Ashley sundae dish with bath oil balls in the base and a net bath scrub on the top

P1100287

 

A knitted scarf (she’ll love the trade name!)

P1100288

 

A cake stand made from a peacock patterned plate and a glass candlestick

P1100290

 

A crochet blanket

P1100291

 

A tea-cup pin cushion

P1100292

 

Some tittivated coat hangers

P1100293

 

A tea-cup candle

P1100295

 

Blimey, it’s like the Generation Game conveyor belt!

 

Here’s the finished basket, there’s also a necklace, smellies and chocolates tucked inside.

 

P1100301

11 comments:

  1. I'm wondering if you could adopt Me into your family so that I can have such wonderful gifts ;)
    Your Mummy is very lucky indeed!

    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely gifts...she'll be thrilled..and very proud to show them off. Happy Birthday to your Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone had taken the trouble to make even one of those items for me, I would be in raptures, they are lovely. I hope your mum has a lovely dayx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a thousand time better than anything you could buy in the shops so much thought gone into the whole gift I would be over the moon to receive this :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, what a very lucky Mum! How lovely that she appreciates all your handmade goodness as well. You really have made her birthday special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What truely gorgeous thoughtful presents and as Mayps said I would be overjoyed to receive just one of those handmade gifts...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressed :)
    Lots of ideas here i shall be 'borrowing' hehe
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I wish I was your Mum ! Wonderful presents and I bet you had lots of fun making them too.
    Thanks for popping by my place and leaving a comment, I really appreciate it.
    I see you love the film, Far From the Madding Crowd - isn't it a great story? And you're reading The Alchemist - another great story and gripping too, I hope you're enjoying it!
    Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. Mum absolutely loved her presents and has, as predicted, left them on the dining room table for all to see, bless! There's nobody like your mum for making you feel really good xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just found your blog and you have such great ideas!

    You're mum is very lucky with all those presents, isn't it great that mum's always love the things you make! :) x

    ReplyDelete


Followers