Saturday, 30 April 2011

Another Life Changing Move

I will shortly embark on another phase of my life and I’m very busy sorting out the house and contents which  has unexpectedly  turned out to be a sort of stepping stone for me.  I started this blog initially to chart my move here, and also to prove to myself how much of the decoration and furnishing could be achieved on so little.

Time willing, I’m hoping to log my work, using before and after photographs plus  approximate costs incurred along the way.

Like most of us, due to financial reasons I’ve never been able to buy exactly what I want, but tend to go with the flow with my bargain buys.

Here’s my bedroom when I moved in.  Not too bad apart from a yukky wall colour.

 

P1060401

Here it is now, painted with Dulux orchid white and furnished via the local auction house, Ebay and car boot sales.

Bed and mattress £60 (new)

Patchwork quilt £4, curtains and lamp were a new purchase at £25 to match the quilt.

Two small bookcases £26

2 glazed pine cupboards (housing most of my crafting rubbish treasures) £65 the pair

Chest of drawers  an unwanted freebie from a friend

Pine bedside cabinet £10 ish

Three baskets about £8 the three.

Total cost, including paint etc will have been a little over £200.

P1110115

P1110108

P1110119

7 comments:

  1. your home is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
    Stepping stones are always sad to leave- I know you've had so much heartache this year, and hope that your forthcoming change will be something for you to look forward to, and focus on.
    Go girl- you can do ANYTHING!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dimi! nothing can faze you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many changes, but I'm sure you will rise to the challenge again. Just look what you did with your wonderful bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh your bedroom is great. Wouldn't have thought you spent such a small amount. (Designers take note!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can come and do my room if you like, when you have a few spare days that is.
    You are an amazing woman, and so inspiring, thank you for sharing your life with us.

    Love & blessings
    xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had a few stepping stones through the years and it's amazing what a difference a tin of paint makes. Once did a whole house for £400 carpets, curtains lighting and decoration, and it looked fab. I think when you don't have much money you become much more creative. I love your bedroom and those glass cupboards were a steal. Well done and goodluck with whatever the future brings.
    Big hugs Pene x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bedroom looks absolutely fantastic you are so creative and know how to give a room a real homely feel. (Re your comments on my blog Kate is so natural looking she will make a lovely queen. And yes I am OK feel better than I did but as I'm sure you know little things can set you off again - hope you are OK - big hugs) xxxxxxxxxxx Oh and I have just blogged again just like the royal kiss you wait for ages then 2 come along at the same time! lol

    ReplyDelete


Followers