Sunday, 1 May 2011

Life Changing Move con’t part 2

This is the spare bedroom/study. Once again not in a too bad condition, but I wanted a neutral colour.   The doors are to the fitted wardrobe and the airing cupboard.  I’ve never known such a tiny house to have so many doors.  There are 6 doors serving two bedrooms and a bathroom.

 

P1060404

 

This is probably my most indulgent buy,   a Cath Kidston duvet cover, which, to be fair, *cough* was bought at an ever so slightly reduced price in John Lewis.

P1110132

I did justify it slightly by making tie backs from one of the pillow cases which I edged with vintage cotton lace.  I’m quite pleased with these.

P1110128

 

The pair of pictures were made from a couple of old, unwanted frames which I painted.  I used a wrapping paper background and some paper leftover from a scrapbook project.  I finished it off with some punched hearts.  Cost zilch.

P1110127

 

The pine office unit was one of my best Ebay buys, it cost £6 and included a tour of the sellers beautifully refurbished home near Sandbanks.

 

It does have glazed doors (discretely hidden behind the unit) but I took them off.  Now I’m wondering why.

P1110133

Disregarding the  Cath Kidston madness, the office unit, single pine bed (refurbished with LA paint), chandelier, bedside cabinet, curtains and wicker ottoman cost me around £45.00 the lot.

 

Laughing now as the CK duvet cost more than that !!!!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic make over, may well commission you when I need something doing if you can do it at that price ;o)

    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely, you certainly seem to be able to grab a bargain.
    Hope your enjoying the gorgeous weather this weekend
    Hugs Pene x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful room - love the tie backs, picture and that unit was a steal at that price. Sandbanks is very posh :) Love the CK bedding xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it so satisfying to create such a lovely room at minimal cost (CK excluded of course) ;-)

    ReplyDelete


Followers