Thursday, 7 June 2012

Summerhouse & Makeovers

A few before and after photographs.

 

P1120925

P1120975

P1120977

It doesn’t have its own identity yet because the Jubilee family garden party took it over!  Next year I’ll probably paint it cream (surprise surprise).

DSCF0452

Here’s a few of my shabby chic makeovers for the inside.

This huge wall clock stopped working, it was one of my favourite items and I couldn’t bear to bin it so I turned it into a table by fixing it to the top of another table!

 DSCF0006

This was one of  a couple of tatty old tables especially painted for the party, as you can see they are pretty rough, but they served the purpose and will undergo another transformation shortly.

DSCF0002

I needed a corner unit to utilise the space and lo and behold on my next visit to the charity shop grabbed this old corner unit for £10.00. 

DSCF0410

A couple of coats of cream paint later…….

DSCF0453

Garden benches and chairs, we were going to take them to the dump………….tch tch

P1120983

P1120981

DSCF0454 

DSCF0457

DSCF0455

Incidentally, as the only option was to buy a brand new summerhouse – couldn’t really buy a second hand one and  do a makeover on something that size – I like to think I had a pretty good deal.  I had visited a couple of local garden centres and picked a corner unit.  I was given a brochure and when I returned home I did a search on the internet (as you do).  Obviously they were all cheaper, some more than others so I printed off the best deal.  Armed with this I returned to the garden centre and said I would like to support local businesses and if they could match the price I’d buy from them.  They did and I did !!   This gave us a saving of a few hundred pounds.

6 comments:

  1. ooh you clever lass! that is gorgeous and the makeovers are fabulous, what colour did you paint the seats, I like it much better than our brown that OH used. Humph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely - you'll so enjoy it. I love ours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous,gorgeous! Love that blue and the tables. Now all you need is some sunshine. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My summerhouse is the same! I can tell you now, those windows were a pain to paint, grrr. I love my little house and even use it in winter as hubby put electricity in. Just go to my blog if you want a nosey round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden bench colour is Cuprinol Garden Shades "sea grass" xx

      Delete


Followers