Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Viva Las Vegas

With temperatures at over 100 degrees it was one hot week!

We flew with British Airways and  we had a really good deal which was booked over the Christmas holidays and included The Bellagio Hotel.  Someone had told me about a “cash sandwich” where you place some dollars inside your passport when you check-in, smile sweetly and ask if it’s possible to have an upgrade.  BINGO, we had a fabulous room overlooking the fountains.

Here are just a few of the hundreds of photographs I took.  As you will notice, I was really taken with the floral displays and conservatory.

 

DSCF0028

DSCF0030 

DSCF0031

 

DSCF0229 

 

Every morning on our way to breakfast they would be replacing the arrangements.  Such utter waste, can you see the black bin liners where they just threw perfectly good plants/flowers?

 

DSCF0098

This was my favourite display.

DSCF0099

A huge framed Monet “painted” in flowers.

DSCF0104

 

HEY! here’s a Nevada registered Kia Soul, the same colour as mine!!

 

DSCF0035

   

 

All along the strip there are people in various costumes, some pretty good, some really tatty.  They want you to tip them for the privilege of taking their photograph and get quite narky if you don’t.  Good old zoom action I say!

 

DSCF0130

 

Our hotel

 

DSCF0370

 

 

An iced Pina Colada - this is as much of me as you’re going to get!  (it’s me knees!)

DSCF0247

 

The Bellagio taken from the top of the Eiffel Tower,  it was interesting to see the layout of the fountain bases from up there.

DSCF0362

And the view of the dancing fountains from our room.

 

DSCF0039 

We had a fabulous time but after one week were ready to come home.   Would we go again? No. 

Oh and the lush green trees and fields of England as we sat on the coach from Heathrow were a joy to behold. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes,there's nowhere quite like old England! I must say that Las Vegas is not somewhere that appeals to me.
    You have a lovely pair of knees me dear!
    Glad you had a great time. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use to live about a 4 hour drive from Las Vegas and went occasionally, good place to visit, but not too often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great trip. We went a few years ago, and my poor husband came down with the flu, so I went for long walks and did the tourist thing, while he spent his days in the hotel close to the toilet. Poor boy. I have taken a little tour of your blog and really think it is tops. I am your newest follower, please accept my warm invitation to visit and hopefully follow me, too. Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I all looks amazing! Bit over the top maybe? I'd still love to go and see it. Nostalgic Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah .... I went there once .... and it was good but once was enough!

    ReplyDelete


Followers