6.30 am found me walking Pebblepants round the copse, trying not to wake the neighbours in the process - I'm not the quietest of people and still have to remember I'm in the centre of a terrace with very thin walls. How I hate the creaking floorboards.
The early walk was due to me previously loading the car for a boot sale. Prior to my move, I thought I'd been really ruthless with my possessions and had either binned, car booted or charitied them. It seems not ruthless enough because I'm bulging at the seams here. I had a loft ladder fitted with the idea of shoving it all up in the roof, however I envisaged a ladder that slowly folded down with a nice gentle rise and carpeted treads..............yeah yeah........it's steep, it's lethal and as yet I haven't had the courage to go any further than the trap hatch thingie and throw things in from a distance. Knowing my luck I'll go up there, won't be able to get down and be stuck up there until someone notices a strange smell.
So, back to the boot sale. I took PPants with me, she was about the only thing people were interested in! I could have sold her a hundred times over, well actually I exaggerate, as due to the weather there were probably only ten people browsing!
After an hour of putting the stuff back in the car, bringing it out again, back, out, back, out, I decided the rain was winning, gave up and toddled off to Lidls. Because Pebbles had been good she was rewarded with a wet walk in the country park on our way home. Then I had to unload the stuff , drain the rain off of it and dump it back into the Wendy House which is fast becoming a mini dumping ground instead of the shabby chic garden retreat I dreamt of.
Typically, within minutes there was a blue sky and sunshine so I thought I'd take advantage of a lull in the weather and try out my never used before carpentry skills. When the man took away my old shed I asked him to leave some bits of wood so I could put a roof on Miss P's kennel. (Don't be misled, she sleeps in luxury indoors but does like to snooze in her cool kennel on hot days). Armed with a rusty saw, a bag of nails, a pencil and spirit level (I soon disposed of that!) I did a passable job (IMHO)on the roof. It did became a bit of a jigsaw puzzle as I was running out of longer lengths of wood.


As I was on a roll, I painted the kennel then finished the fence which was just as well as Mr Blue (shame he has a round neck) Eyes called and said he was coming to lay my patio tomorrow. I've been trying to scrub up the old, loose, slabs but nowt works. I've had some exorbitant quotes, some think I want the equivalent of a palace garden with a price to match. Actually, spurred on by my carpentry/roofing skills I think I'll try my hand at bricklaying next, maybe a brick border round the flowers? Watch this space....................................
Phew, that was a lot of waffle wasn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment