Sunday, 12 July 2009

Charity Shop Bargain

I couldn't resist this lovely patchwork quilt for the bargain price of £4.00 in a localish charity shop. With items like this, whilst I love to get a bargain, I think it's quite sad that someone has worked for weeks - no, probably months or years to make it. Judging by the fabric, I'd say it was circa 1950. It had no backing so I just stitched it together, thus halving it and have it hanging on a vintage towel rail in the Wendy House. Actually, if I'm totally truthful, it's now barely visible because the poor Wendy House has become a dumping ground until I can sort out all of my excess items. I see a car boot sale looming.






2 comments:

  1. oh the patchwork looks beautiful and so delicate

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful. Shame that it ended up in a charity shop, but if it hadn't you wouldn't have got it. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete


Followers