Wednesday, 14 October 2009

Poppies in October?

 

 

P1070848

Thanks to Sandie, who gave me the tip off of this absolutely stunning sight at Fontmell Downs, just over the road from Compton Abbas airfield in Dorset.  Can you imagine the view from the gliders?  I did wonder if any enterprising pilots were giving poppy flights!

I had intended to go tomorrow, but on a whim decided to go this afternoon, however by the time I arrived, well after 4pm, the light was not too good, nevertheless I’m pleased with my photographs.

P1070775

P1070779

P1070792

 

“For goodness sake, can’t we just WALK instead of keep stopping, tsk tsk”

P1070803

It was a photographer’s paradise!

P1070838 

P1070810

A meandering river of poppies!   

P1070828

My last photograph of the day, I like this one!

P1070840

4 comments:

  1. Oh they're so beautiful...my favourite flower....I still have them in my garden, I just adore them, thank you for posting such lovely photos Dimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place to go - I don't blame you for swapping ironing for a walk through the poppies! Perfect afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I've only just seen this! Wasn't it just gorgeous with all those poppies?

    Love the last photo ... I thought that tree on the right looked like a Mickey Mouse silhouette.

    ReplyDelete


Followers