Thursday, 8 October 2009

Baby Comforter

When I was in Weymouth last week I saw some lovely fleece baby comforters, called, I think, Taggies.  Apparently babies like looping their fingers through the ribbons feeling the different textures.  What I didn’t like was the price, £16.99.

I thought I could easily make one for Tia who’s photo below was taken today.  The  picture is dark because I didn’t want to wake her with a flash (we were having lunch at the time you see!).

She’ll be six weeks old on Saturday and now weighs in at 9lb.

P1070624

Anyways, back to the comforter.  Never mind £16.99, here’s a little number I bought in Quality Seconds  for £2.

P1070615

And here it is after I’d rummaged through my ribbon box.  It was so simple as the little elephant was on the fold of the fabric so all I had to do was pin the ribbons in place and zig-zag around the satin trim.

P1070617

4 comments:

  1. Much nicer Wendle .... one of the small ones I look after had one of the expensive ones and it was nowhere near as good as yours ... must do one for Jack .... thanks for reminding me about them x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea...I've never heard of them Dimi but you've done a lovely job transforming that one for the gorgeous Tia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just glad you don't make pizzas!
    Les xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That works so well - and what a gorgeous picture of the sleeping babe. x

    ReplyDelete


Followers