Thursday, 7 January 2010

Marcie the Mouse

P1070996

My first “make” of 2010 (another item made from T towels) and will be a birthday present for my friend, I just hope she doesn’t have a rodent phobia!

This was taken from a pattern in Sew Hip magazine, entitled Stargazing Mice but mine looks like a cross between Dumbo and The Clangers!

I don’t think I’ll be making another one in a hurry, lots of blood, sweat and tears went into her.  You know the score, you turn her inside out and find the tail is the same end as the head. Arghhhhh.

I couldn’t stuff her properly either, she looks all lumpy and bumpy, but……….she was made with love.

The luggage tag was supposed to have one of those metal hole thingies and I’d bought a punch kit but could I fathom it out?  Any help would be appreciated.   Maybe the fact it was a cheapo Poundland version didn’t help?

4 comments:

  1. I think she looks lovely, and I like the colours you've chosen too :) No idea about the hole punch thing, but I don't think it needs it - its lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love her! She reminds me of Fingermouse from Fingerbobs. Please don't be too young to remember that! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's lovely - I find small creatures really tricky, cos they are so fiddly. She looks perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete


Followers