Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Hall and Landing

My entrance hall and landing are tiny and like most modern builds, lacks storage. I have a tiny cupboard under the stairs and I have to tilt the vacuum cleaner to get it inside and get on my hands and knees to retrieve anything else in there.

The decorating costs have been minimal, I used the leftover soft green from the lounge on three walls with white up the stairs and on the landing. Luckily Aldi had a great special offer which included a paint tray, paint roller and extending pole all for around £7.00. This enabled me to quite easily paint the high walls and with the added benefit of using white I had no “cut ins” to worry about!

OK, so here’s the pics.

These were taken the day I moved in.

BEFORE

P1060001

P1060387

P1060396

AFTER

My BHS chandelier purchased in their sale for £18. See also my T towel blind on the door in the background!

P1080148

I desperately needed storage for dog leads, keys, wine (also doubles as a shoe rack) and other bits of tat, I had a couple of bargain buys of Ebay. The wine rack base was about £13 and the shelf top about £8. I think they go together quite well and fits in the small area at the base of the stairs.

P1080160

The mirror, which is opposite the pine unit, was a nasty, tacky, gold colour which I painted using some leftovers in a tester pot. I quite like it now, sort of looks French (ish).

P1080163

Now upstairs, here’s the bureaux before the makeover.

P1060277

And after a distressed paint jobbie.

P1080141

Another tacky gold mirror, given a coat of paint, which is at the top of the stairs.

P1080142

My boot sale bargain £2 chandelier on the landing.

P1080143

Here's a pair of picture frames that have been given a makeover. The bluebell photographs were taken by my lovely friend Les. I wanted bluebells to tie in with the BLUEBELLE framed photograph of my daughter.

P.S. take NO notice of the disgusting carpet. I’m replacing it all when I’ve finished decorating the whole house.

9 comments:

  1. stunning - you have such a eye for a bargain and your makeovers makes it look like a million dollars :-) Love the mini dresser idea. give yourslf a huge pat on the back and open one of the bottles of wine to celabrate. m xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Dimi and what a good idea, the dresser for storage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks brilliant Dimi ....well done ... all so co-ordinated too and well within budget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely Dimi.
    I love the furniture. Well done.

    Love and blessings
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking fab dims xxxx
    like mitmot said you really do have 'the eye' for the argain and the making it lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have done a lovely job and have some clever storage ideas.

    Thanks for your lovely comment :-)

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dimi its all so gorgeous I love every bit of it esp the shabbied drawers ...well done and for so little money ...your amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, it's looking lovely and the makeovers are great.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the mention of my pic Wendle XXXX You always know where I am if you want any more.
    The decor is lovely (no less than I'd expect from you) Well done!

    ReplyDelete


Followers