Saturday, 10 March 2012

Stag Party

Yesterday, there was a row of colourful, sweet smelling hyacinths.  Today, there’s just stumps.

Here  is the guilty party, a beautiful young, fairly tame stag.  I was within about fifteen feet of him before he flicked his fluffy little tale and cleared the front hedge and trotted off down the road.

Strange though, this is the first year the deer have taken a liking to bulbs.  Back to the drawing board.

 

P1120777

6 comments:

  1. Sorry you lost your lovely bulbs,but he is a handsome creature. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. around here they take a liking to anything young and tender, but the "sure fire" cure is to get a man to pee along the boundaries to put them off coming in the garden!
    Good luck with that one!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll put up with the deer! hahahaha xxxxx

      Delete
  3. OMG its worth loosing you lovely flowers to see that gorgeous creature so close to home.
    Hugs
    Pene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear deer dear ..... Worth sacrificing to see such a magnificent creature close up xx

    ReplyDelete


Followers