Friday, 23 March 2012

Sew Excited

I’m not sure if I’m an easily pleased sort of person, but this morning I felt on top of the world after my latest purchase!

I walked into the charity shop and spied this beautiful little sewing box.  I thought maybe it had been adapted and therefore legless, but there were no signs of previous “pins” so I’m assuming it’s a table top model.

P1120804As I picked it up to take it to the till, I could hardly contain my excitement.  The weight of it made me realise it was full.

P1120807Did I say full?

P1120811 Actually crammed would be more fitting.

P1120812AND……..there was also a large paper bag FULL of embroidery threads stuffed inside.

For once I am going to keep it as it is,I think it would be a shame to paint it.  I might just put some little gingham bows on the handle though!

Oh I forgot to mention and I bet you’re busting to know – it cost me £12.50.

5 comments:

  1. wowsers trousers!

    That is a real bargain. Someone has priced that not realising it's 'worth' ;)

    Well done there, I have serious CS envy.

    beingfrugal

    ReplyDelete
  2. £12.50?! Bargain!

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a find and how brilliant to open it up and find even more goodies .... well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A BARGAIN - and gone to a very good home :-)

    ReplyDelete


Followers