Typical clumsy me dropped them and as they were so fresh and crisp some of the ends snapped off. I think the red version would be at home on the set of a horror film!
Sunday, 23 August 2009
Colourful Carrots
Saturday was Farmer's Market day in the village, something I usually browse as I find the produce quite expensive but I was really taken with this colourful bouquet of carrots. They cost £1.20 which I didn't think was too bad and I gave the lush green tops to a girl selling fruit as she said her pony loved them. I didn't get to cook them as they were so tempting raw and to me, much more preferable to apples and the like.
Typical clumsy me dropped them and as they were so fresh and crisp some of the ends snapped off. I think the red version would be at home on the set of a horror film!
Typical clumsy me dropped them and as they were so fresh and crisp some of the ends snapped off. I think the red version would be at home on the set of a horror film!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(41)
-
▼
August
(9)
- Today's boot sale was not quite the normal leisure...
- A little makeover project
- Colourful Carrots
- One of my very favourite days out is going to Coun...
- The Garden
- Why does moving house bring out the rip-off mercha...
- I had a lovely long week-end with grandaughter Ali...
- As the weather was, once again, atrocious, I took ...
- I was about 20 minutes early in picking up Alicia ...
-
▼
August
(9)

I agree I do find farmers markets expensive too.
ReplyDeleteBut these for £1.20 were a real bargarin. I agree best eaten raw.
Happy New Year to you.