Why does moving house bring out the rip-off merchants? I won't go into two examples of where I've parted with lots of money (for me) for lousy, cowboy jobs, but the last few days have also brought unexpected expense for something that I think, should have been a standard service.
The dogs microchip had to be updated with my new address so I sent off the form only to have it sent back to me with a "that'll be a £10 fee, thankyou" letter. As I didn't want her being shipped back to her old address and probably be held to ransom I had no choice but to pay up. She's worth £10 anyways, well more like £9.87 but we won't argue about the difference.
Then................(guess who's been sending out change of address letters!!) my car insurance peeps phoned me and said they wanted another £23.00. "WHY? says me. Am I living in a more deprived area than my previous address?" NOPE, says they. Tis an admin fee. Hmmmmmm, how long does it take to type in a new address and click SAVE? Bliddy money for old rope and I told them so and I told them I would not be renewing my policy. Did the young man care? Nope again.
Wendle...........off her soapbox.
Monday, 3 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(41)
-
▼
August
(9)
- Today's boot sale was not quite the normal leisure...
- A little makeover project
- Colourful Carrots
- One of my very favourite days out is going to Coun...
- The Garden
- Why does moving house bring out the rip-off mercha...
- I had a lovely long week-end with grandaughter Ali...
- As the weather was, once again, atrocious, I took ...
- I was about 20 minutes early in picking up Alicia ...
-
▼
August
(9)
try to look on the bright side - if you'd been trying to get your car mended, (or serviced), a nice mechanic would have been FAR more severe with you. It's wrong, I know, but a woman should NEVER take a car to a garage, get a male friend to take it for you, preferably one who knows a bit about cars.
ReplyDeleteOh great! Guess who needs her car serviced?
ReplyDelete