Friday, 30 April 2010

Charity Shop Therapy

I dropped a bag of bits into my local CS today and of course, as usual, I never come out empty handed.

I’ve been looking for wooden building blocks since last Christmas when I saw some in an expensive shabby chic shop (try saying that fast!).  They had words such as PEACE, JOY, XMAS, etc and were silly prices. I intend to paint them and use some little wooden letters for whatever words I fancy.  I was wondering about LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE, SEPARATE but thought that a little crass.

Anyway, the bag is huge and heavy.  I’ll take out the blocks I need and then take the remainder back to the shop.  When I told the assistant what I was doing with them she looked at me in a confused way (shrugs).

P1080637

The other purchase I was thrilled with was a bundle of cotton fabrics.  All priced between 50p and £1.00 each.

 

P1080638I’m a happy bunny now. 

1 comment:


Followers