Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Sew Darn Cute

I had the Sew Darn Cute  book for my birthday and surprisingly I haven’t managed to sit down and study it yet, but the back page was enough to get me going today!   Let’s face it, the string patchwork shoppers are beginning to bore me now.

 

P1080500

Once more I delved into my scrappy bits basket and came up with this little (cough………..I mean big…………) number.

 

P1080497The buttons were part of a huge bagful for 50p in a charity shop, I love the colour.    There’s also a couple of tiny pieces of CK paisley print  that I couldn’t bear to throw away.

Ooooh, I almost forgot, I made this necklace too.   I threaded some crystals (from an old chandelier!!!!) and other odd beads onto some thin pink ribbon.

P1080494

I won’t be wearing it with the appliqued jumper, I think that would be going just a tad too far.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely colours ... I'll have to order a copy of that book from the library. Know what you mean about the stringing .... I need a break from it for a while too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jumper & necklace both look great. Might have to hunt that book down in our library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jumper looks really lovely - I have that book on my 'wish list'. Gorgeous necklace as well.

    ReplyDelete


Followers