Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Vintage Cotton Reels

I like old wooden cotton reels, I like the different shapes, I like buying them cheaply especially when they still have the original threads, I like thinking about their history and how many garments they made – and by whom.

I’ve tittivated some of my collection using papers which were free with the new Homemade magazine.

Did you notice my little charity shop mirror/trinket stand they are displayed on?

The second word spells out my nickname.

 

P1100910

P1100915

7 comments:

  1. They are lovely Dimi really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done they are lovely, you have some great ideas and so effective. :)
    Sparky! is it because you are a lectrician on the side. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, they look so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and love the mirror/ trinket stand...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you've done with these, so pretty.

    Love and blessings
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete


Followers