The lounge (the day I moved in) and some “before” photos of furniture projects.
A fireplace and surround £14 on Ebay.
Designers own, as they say. This was originally a pine dresser and was a 40th birthday present. It had been put into a stable during my “previous life”. We won’t go there, suffice to say I took it with me and gave it a new lease of life.
A good solid t.v. stand, I don’t like the modern glass units that show all of the wiring etc.
Now for the AFTER photographs.
A charity shop display cabinet hides in the corner. I can’t find the before photograph but it was brown and nasty.
My renovated pine dresser base with another Ebay purchase of table and chairs, given the LA paint treatment of course.
Here’s the fireplace, now sporting a new coat of black Hammerite paint and a brass surround found at an auction.
I would estimate the total cost of furnishing the lounge is in the region of £150, which includes new sofa (auction), curtains, pair of Bergere chairs (auction), dining table and chairs and other pieces which people gave me. (It saves them going to the dump they say!).
OK, so here’s the final bit.
The kitchen. It’s very small and always reminds me of cooking in a caravan!
Before…..
There was a missing door due to a dishwasher having been installed. As I desperately needed cupboard space I opted not to replace the dishwasher.
After……….
I used LA eggshell for the cupboard doors and after much searching I found a pine cupboard door to replace the missing one. It was a bargain 50p at the boot sale.
The kitchen only really cost me the price of the paint, £9 ish less 25% on sale day.
The end of my little house journey.
Just about two years in the making. Some happy times, some sad.
You did really well with the improvements you made especially on a tight budget, I'm sure your little house will please the next owners to be immensely. Good luck on your next journey!
ReplyDeleteYou've done a wonderful job Dimi and I am sure the house will, as Serenata says, delight the next owners.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the next chapter of your life, wherever it may take you.
Wow, you certainly have waved a magic wand. The kitchen is especially nice.
ReplyDeleteWow, love love love it all!! It's amazing the difference a bit of effort and a tin of paint can make. Well done you!
ReplyDeleteKandi x
Thanks for showing your before and after photos.
ReplyDeleteYouve done really well, heres wishing you luck
Adella x
Your home is looking beautiful! well done :)
ReplyDeleteSue x
Great photos! My kitchen looks like your 'before' photo and I've been toying with the idea of painting the doors. I thought it might look a bit rubbish but I have definitely changed my mind after seeing your photos! So thanks.
ReplyDeleteYes your home does look beautiful. Percy loved his hug from you.Lesley x
ReplyDeleteAll your makeovers are so fantastic. I remember you buying that fire surround. You will be able to put your talents to good use on the next step of your journey xxxx
ReplyDelete