Sunday, 8 May 2011

Make-over Madness

There’s nothing like an impending move to get you into gear and sort through all of the unfinished projects.

Here’s some of my stash which I have finally finished.

This was a charity shop find.  Sometimes I feel quite sorry for items sitting on shelves.  I wonder about their history, about the work someone has put into a particular piece and then given with love. Perhaps I think too much.

Anyway this wooden jewellery box initially reminded me of my childhood.  I can reminder being fascinated  by the little twirling ballerina.  It was a bargain £1.95 which was incredible  considering all of the work, it wasn’t a mass produced, but obviously a work of art.   After saying all that, it wasn’t my cup of tea,  so I titivated it a little using my scrapping papers, a painted wooden heart and some braiding.  I wanted to leave some of the wood on show, particularly the inside.

Before…..

P1100925 

After…………

P1110177

P1110168

 

This sweet drawer/shelf unit  was £1 at a car boot sale. 

P1100127

A sample of blue CK paper, a tester pot of Farrow and Ball paint and two crystal buttons  later.

P1110181

I bought this bureau on Ebay and to be honest, if it had been at a car boot sale I’d have left it where it was.  It wasn’t one of my better buys due to the state of the wood, it doesn’t look too bad in the photograph but believe me, lets just say the paint is now holding it together! 

It’s quite a useful piece as it’s not very deep so will sit quite happily in a hall etc.

P1100922

A few coats of Laura Ashley’s Ivory and yet more of my single roll of Cath Kidston wallpaper.

P1110187

P1110184

9 comments:

  1. I love the little desk, it looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have a real knack of making things over! I love, love love the beaurea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful remakes! Love it all but especially the mini drawers, I'm always attracted to mini versions of anything :)
    Good luck with the move, I just couldn't contemplate moving house with all the stash I have!!
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all!! want to get paintbrushes now!!
    Well done : )

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm going to bring myself over for one of your magic makeovers!
    Hope to see you tomorrow
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look gorgeous ... think I'll follow T & B over too as am in need of a makeover ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW! What great makeovers...love them all! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sat here looking round the room wondering what I can paint now! - They are gorgeous, and from your photo's a vast improvement on the originals
    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You want to know something Dimi??? I really think you could have a go at making a living from your work, it's absolutely gawjus !!!!!!

    Love & blessings
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete


Followers