Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Draught excluder

Last year I bought two bog standard draught excluders in T J Hughes for £1.99 each, it seemed a much easier and cheaper way than making a fabric tube and then buying the filling. They were purchased with two of my bestest friends in mind. One who was always complaining of a draughty door and the other who I knew would be jealous if she didn't get one too!

For the cover I used a new tea towel and an old baby blue gingham pillow case and was surprised how many patchwork squares it took. Forty four to be exact!
I did little flowery thingies for the ends and am quite pleased with the finished result. I'm now in the process of making the other one. I need to get it finished for Monday when they'll be descending on me en-route to our leisurely few days away exploring libraries and other interesting monuments *cough*


5 comments:

  1. Oh lovely jubbly well done honey. :-)
    Its been ages since i have been here! so i have much to catch up with.
    Love the thingies btw.;-)

    Mwah XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabuloso wendy xxxx
    love them - lucky friends :)
    Enjoy your library tour...can't beat a library tour with the girls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loverly - especially the flower detail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Draught excluder looks good .... a couple of years ago I bought some yukky looking ones from Wilkinsons at 99p each and covered them with fabric samples bought in the sale locally. Think I'm de-draughted completely now!

    Enjoy your interesting monuments! (?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely idea!! It's great finding cheapies, and turning them into something special!! Your friends will be well pleased!!

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete


Followers