Monday, 14 September 2009

Hall Makeover

Spurred on by my mirror makeover (pics to follow - I need a man to put it up as the walls are made of cardboard and there's some sockets/switches above/below where I want it) I did a little makeover on this frame.

I still had some tester pot paint leftover from the mirror. I love tester pots! It's surprising how far they go on little projects.

I used one of my Cath Kidston wallpaper samples as a backing and a gorgeous rosebud heart that was on the front of a 60th birthday card (thanks ellieweb). It sort of creates a 3D effect. Not sure how long it will stay on the cardboard wall as it's held up by a tiny nail that went straight up to the hilt when I hammered it in.


I have some lovely tea towels in my stash cupboard, so pretty that I couldn’t bring myself to use them for their intended purpose. I had a brainstorm today (careful Wend) and decided to make a faux (think that’s the right word) Roman blind for the front door using one of the tea towels. It just happened that it was the perfect width too.




This pack was reduced and I love the colours.




P1070365




The blind took literally minutes to make. I sewed a channel for the curtain wire and then stitched some folds to try and make it look like a Roman blind. I added a ribbon bow and button trim.




P1070367




It’s for decoration only and will not go up or down, but I didn’t want that anyway. Can you see my hanging baskets through the glass? You have to fight them to get in the door!




I have other pretty tea towels so I will be making a few more so I can change them when I get bored.




P1070371

11 comments:

  1. Oh it look so pretty Wendy, I love the colours of those towels that green is lovely with the pink.....I'd love that in my bathroom.

    The blind idea is ingenious I ADORE IT!!
    well done you yet again xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and too good for drying dishes they look absolutely fabulous. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous - well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, may have to copy that :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea!! Wish I hadn't used my polka dot teatowels for drying up now!! I'm sure I will find more, and thanks for the idea : )

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super idea!
    Looks lovely!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That frame makeover is so pretty...yet another success xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely makeover and lovely blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see a blog post coming for 101 things to do with a tea towel (apart from drying up)!!!

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete


Followers