Wednesday, 9 September 2009

Lounge Makeover

This is the lounge on the day I moved in, items left were a pair of manky curtains, a pine shelf, two ceiling fittings and a broken dog flap.
I had the radiator removed as this was the wall where I wanted to put my dresser base. Time will tell if the plumber was right - he said I'd be cold!





Revamped fireplace and nest of tables and the famous serviette decoupaged HOME!



Revamped china cabinet, recovered chair with my crochet cushion and Pips wall hanging which I loved so much I made into another cushion.





I used Dulux soft apple on one wall and I have enough left over for part of the hallway.



Another little makeover, a £3 table from the boot sale which I gave the Laura Ashley paint and Cath Kidston paper treatment.





I nearly took this shelf down, then changed my mind.



A couple of coats of the soft apple and bob's yer uncle.



These were the light fittings left behind.



I'm not sure whether I should have painted light fittings, but I did and I'm pretty pleased with the result.






7 comments:

  1. just gawgus.....it really is, you've definitely put the Wendy wand over that little lot....I love everything and can't single one thing out.... well done Dimi a truly beautiful home....must try some of those letters xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful Wendle ... I love your rattan chair x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absoblooming lovely!

    Well done that girl .... wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fantastic!! Love that beautiful,fresh looking restful green, I have something similar in my craft room. The table is a gorgeous makeover too.In fact it's all 1,000,000% better now!!
    Well done Dimi!!
    Sharon xx
    ( How did you fix the letters to the wall, with hooks?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks absolutely lovely so calm and restful looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon, I used a mix of double sided sticky pads and Blue Tack but I'd recommend Blue Tack as it's easier to re-site (speaks from experience despite pencil and spirit level !!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dimi - what a fantastic makeover - you have completely transformed the room in such a short space of time - it is unrecognisable from the room you had when you moved in. You must feel chuffed to bits

    ReplyDelete


Followers