Sunday, 18 July 2010

Boot Sale Bounty

I came home very satisfied today, after a slow start I struggled to carry my treasures (I really think they need a rent a man option at the boot sale – purely to carry bags of course).

You ready for a glimpse?

First off three freebies from a lady who was packing up and giving her stuff away!

P1090610

The nice Crown Devon jardinière will live outside on my garden table, I already had some pretty pink miniature roses (they’re real!)  looking for a home.

P1090613

 

Next some glassware, the glass candlesticks were 50p the pair, the two crystal vases were 20p each and the wine glasses 10p the pair!!   I already had an idea for the candlesticks, see my other pictures.

 P1090607

A fabulous peacock plate for the exorbitant price of 10p.  Credit crunch? what credit crunch?

P1090608 

Inspired by Jimmer, I glued  this plate, plus another already in my cupboard, together with the glass candlesticks, and I have two cake stands.  I intend to crochet some cup cakes for them and give them as Christmas pressies.    We have a £3 Christmas present rule in our family so for about 30p I have a great starter!  It’s surprising what you can put together for £3  given time.

 

P1090627

 

A bag of black Chenille wool for £1.  I’m going to make a scarf as another present.

 

P1090617

 

A set of four shabby chic quilted placemats.  I might turn these into jewellery rolls, not sure yet.  Any other ideas for me?

 

P1090609

A really long length of cerise pink fabric, I think it’s linen.  This was 50p !!   I need to make a girlie gym bag and toy bags so this will be perfect as a co-ordinating fabric.

 

P1090616

 

A leather choker and pretty matching bracelet and necklace. £2 for all three.

 

P1090615

 

And I think this was the best bargain of all.  I thought it was just a carrier bag of ribbons and was thrilled to be told it was £1.  When I arrived home and emptied the bag there was wool, card making gems and lots of bags of beads which will be perfect for my friend who is into beading.   The picture does not depict how much ribbon is there either!

 

P1090622

 

Good eh?  This little haul will keep me quiet for a while!

13 comments:

  1. Really fabulous bargains Dimi and I love your £3 rule....we used to have a £2 rule many years ago pre children as we then had around 26 adults to buy for and it was such brilliant fun to do.
    Love the idea of jewellery rolls let me know if your selling as I ve been looking :)
    Well done you've got a good eye lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a haul .... well done .... just got to get some plates and the glue now but I couldn't be bothered to go to the boots this morning. I like the idea of a limit on pressies too and may talk my lot into that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say it's only £3 for the adults, however with the amount of toys the littlies have I think it would be a good idea to include them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You truly are a bargain hunter!
    I like the idea of a jewellery role.
    Clever girlie. <3 <3 <3 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent haul! I purposely avoided the car boot today...trying to save my pennies - or rather don't have any more space left!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! you have classy boot sales, well done, what a great haul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh at the last sentence - 'keep me quiet for a while'.........as IF!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great bargains...love your header pic xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous bargains! Love the idea of "rent a man"! Adore your cake stands. Can you let me know what glue you used? Super glue? BW.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Loo, just in case you didn't get my other message the glue is called Pinflair xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. well done you! I love finding a bargain - you are going to have to invest in one of those pull along trolleys for car-booting!

    That flower is lovely on your other post - I have been having a scout round myself to see what it could be...will let you know if I figure it out!

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Didn't you do well. Had to rush round our car boot this week as daughter no.4 had to be in work early. Never mind, more spends for next week.

    ReplyDelete


Followers