Wednesday, 7 July 2010

Xmas is coming …………

Am I well organised this year or what? !!

Actually my fabric/wool stash is bulging, in the cupboards, under the bed, in my new Primark spotty bags,  etc etc, so in an effort to create space (hahahaha) I’ve started my Xmas pressies early this year.

First off I’ve decided to make shopping bags to use instead of gift bags.  They’re based (loosely) on the pattern from this book. 

 

P1090496

P1090497

It’s reversible and I’ve used some vintage lace/buttons to trim. 

I’ll probably colour theme the gifts to go with the bags.

P1090499 

P1090501

Next is a crochet car rug/picnic blanket/throw made from wool purchased from charity shops.  I always buy wool this way as I can often get a big bag for between £1 - £2.

P1090503

 

P1090504 

I absolutely detest weaving in the ends from the squares, I think it takes longer than the actual crochet.  I’ve started another blanket and this time I’m weaving the ends of each square as I finish it, instead of waiting until the end. 

6 comments:

  1. I don't like to think about Xmas until I absolutely have to!! Love your blanket - beautiful colours. Also, just noticed your pics of that lovely Westie. They're my favourite kind of dog. S/he looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the blanket and the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you have already started to think about that C word, let alone make things! You are Ms Organised... The bag is great and such a good idea. I hate the sewing in of ends as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful crocheted blanket. Lucky you finding such soft muted colours. When I've looked recently everyone seems to be into neon colours or flurescent orange.

    Your bags are gorgeous - love the detail and the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the end weaving business, it's such a chore when you think you're finally finished to find yet another one pokes out. Lovely colours in the blanket, I've started my next one already but it feels very strange going from a chunky aaron to 4 ply.....I think it's going to take a bit longer to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blanket and bag but I cannot think about Christmas now. Good for you though. Wish I was that organised.
    Cheers from Australia!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete


Followers