Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Mystery Plant

Does anyone know the name of this pretty flower?  It’s in my near neighbour’s garden and he says people keep asking him what it is but he doesn’t know.  The actual flower is approx 1” long, the leaves are small and smell strongly of mint.  It’s quite a spindly, sparse shrub and his plant is about 3 foot high.  Initially I thought it was part of the broom family but I couldn’t find anything on the net.

If anyone knows, I’ll give them a little prize of some packet seeds for putting me out of my misery xx

Click on the pics to enlarge.

 

P1090639

P1090640

 

P1090645

 

P1090646

4 comments:

  1. Sorry i've no idea what that plant is so i'm not alot of help! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, yes i did make my header. It's funny because yesterday I thought of changing it, but as you like it I may leave it a while longer!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a Dicentra ( bleeding heart) but I couldn't be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister has solved the problem, it's called Robin's Mint or Dicerandra cornutissima and appears to be a native of Florida and a protected plant. My neighbour has no idea where it came from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh well, at least I got the "D" right. hehe.

    ooh you'll have to take good care of it

    ReplyDelete


Followers