Saturday, 11 September 2010

Cheapcheap

Here’s a little door-stop I’ve made for my Christmas present stash. It’s destined for my daughter to match some kitchen bits I made for her kitchen out of Cath Kidston fabric.

It has to be one of the easiest things I’ve made providing I don’t include the baffled time I spent wondering which seam to stitch to achieve the triangle shape. 

It’s stuffed with the filling from a (clean) old cushion and is weighted with a large pebble from a beach trip.

Incidentally, is it me or does the poor chook look terrified? !!!!

 

P1100054

4 comments:

  1. More startled than terrified I think .... were you careful when you were stuffing it? ;-)

    I just love that photo of Pebbles looking at the TV .... if there is ever a photographic competition you ought to enter it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he I think the chick is a bit worried about the door hitting him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henny Says:
    Thankyou for your message, it is nice to have been thought about. Don't ALL chickens have their own blogs?
    Your chicken door stop does look a bit concerned. Do you think she feels egg bound? Perhaps the large pebble wasn't the most tactful filling...?
    You were very kind to take the dear hen to the vet when money was tight, I'm still a little concerned that out water dish is a roasting tin!
    With love, Henny xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it Dims.....and how do you get the triangle shape...I,ve often wondered :)

    ReplyDelete


Followers