Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Tea cup pin cushion




First of all, thank you to Jimmer for the tea cup pin cushion
idea she'd seen in Liberty's. x

I bought this pretty little bone china set at a country fair yesterday, I loved the colours but sadly when I unpacked it I noticed a tiny hair-line crack in the cup so this was the perfect candidate for my much needed pincushion.

There was no sewing involved and instead of polyester stuffing I used an unwanted ball of wool which has worked brilliantly. For the fabric template (yet another tea towel) I used a tea plate and just used Copydex to glue the fabric to the ball of wool. I pinned the tucks until dry. Then more glue around the ball before I stuffed it into the cup. Easy peasy.

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful job and what a great way of recycling the C & S x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Love the new look to the blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way of using a pretty cup and saucer.Have you seen the cups that are filled with wax and used as candles? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...meant to say how much I LOVE that picture of Pebbles looking at herself on the TV in your header!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely and so much nice than the ones in L. Next you'll be putting 'tatty old hankerchiefs' in embroidery rings ;-) (Saw those in a certain shop as well for around £165! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a bigger pincushion, I'm sure I have a pretty cup with a crack in it too!! Can't afford the L shop this week lol!!!
    Thanks for sharing : )

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks gorgeous. I've been scouring the charity shops and collecting tea cups for a few months now as I want to make them into candles for christmas but I might just make a few of these too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THAT`S GREAT... ACTUALLY I MADE A FEW OF THOSE TOO!
    MUST SHARE SOMETIME SOON!
    ALTHOUGH YOURS IS MUCH PRETTY!
    I`M OFF NOW TO READ MORE OF YOUR LOVELY POSTS!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete


Followers