Saturday, 26 June 2010

Picnic Pressie

I’m going to a birthday BBQ tonight and was originally going to give, as a gift,  a M & S voucher, but on my trip to Salisbury last week I found a gorgeous recycled wool picnic blanket in The National Trust shop.  I thought this was excellent value at £10.00!!  I also bought a book of the countryside to go with it.

On a roll, I decided to make some PICNIC bunting from red and white gingham backed with Laura Ashley fuchsia fabric.

Hopefully I’ll have some nice photos to put up later as it’s being held at a hotel which is  on the river bank in Christchurch.

Super weather too!

Incidentally, she won’t be getting the F & M hamper!

P1090370

P1090373

P1090374

The venue, what a fabulous location.

P1090379

P1090393

5 comments:

  1. hehe, brilliant - love your finds, and the bunting is lovely! (I love Laura Ashley fabrics)
    I bought a jar of mustard from F&M about 20 years ago, I still use the Jar for jams etc just because it is embossed with F&M...how sad of me!
    Enjoy the BBQ

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all, I keep posh bath oil bottles and decant Morrisons cheapo stuff into them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE BUNTING THAT YOU MADE IS CUTE AND THE BLANKET LOOKS SO MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE THAT WHAT YOU PAID FOR...
    HOPE YOU HAVE A LOVELY BARBEQUE!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did thank you, but my one HUGE regret was my mode of dress, I went casual navy and white "boating" style, whilst everyone else appeared to do the beautiful sparkling sequinned look :-((

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll take a look at yours right now and add you to my faves!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete


Followers