Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Little Robin Redbreast

I have the tiniest of gardens and although I love wildlife, I don’t feed the birds because I have two predatory cats next door.

Therefore I was absolutely thrilled to bits to see a little robin yesterday, he/she/they spent the whole day, right up until it was dark, picking up building materials for their nest in my one tree.  Actually, I thought they only built nests in old kettles etc, nevertheless I’m so happy to rent my vacant tree to them.

Here’s some photographs I managed to take, hopefully I can add to them over the next few weeks.

Fingers crossed all of their hard work pays off.

 

The entrance to their home.

P1090047

 

P1090044

P1090041

P1090040

P1090036

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful, I do so love robins. We have at least two that I know of...very friendly little things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just wonderful Dimi.
    Shame about the cats though, I have to chase them from my garden, so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm really confused because I have seen the robin taking worms etc into the tree. Surely this isn't possible so soon? Off to google.

    ReplyDelete


Followers