Friday, 27 August 2010

Charity Shops and Wilkinsons

Cue music…………….”didn’t I have a loverley day the day I went to Boscombe………..”

OK, here’s my treasures.  First of all from the charity shops.

I’m thrilled to pieces with this chandelier, no wiring, just fits onto the ceiling thingie.  It was a bargain at £2.99 which sort of offsets the expensive Cath Kidston duvet cover that arrived last week!  It actually is much bigger and looks much prettier than the photograph portrays.

P1090932

Pretty Kidstonesque tea towels, £1.99 the pair.  Just ripe for a project, maybe aprons or bags.

P1090937

Now on to Wilkinsons, these towelling tea towels are an absolute bargain at £2 for a pack of three.  Cheaper than the charity shop ones but I’d already bought those.  Two packs went into my basket!

P1090935

This was an impulse buy, tch tch, fancy spending 97p, yes 97p on a whim!

It was in the children’s party/crafty section, it’s a make it yourself pack of 2 felt hand puppets, with all the eyes etc. 

P1090934

Turn the packet over and hopefully you can see my inspiration.  I’m thinking of using the grey one as a gingerbread man template to make Xmas bunting.  They’re quite large and measure 9” high (unmade).

P1090933

4 comments:

  1. Love these shopping post's. Great finds i bet the chandelier will look amazing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous chandelier...can't wait to see pictures of it in situ.

    Laughing at your hand puppets, but great inspiration. The tea towels are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,you got some great bargains there.That chandelier is gorgeous! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the chandalier.. such a bargain.. i have the very same teatowels .. i even blogged about mine to .they are so pretty arnt they!!.

    ReplyDelete


Followers