Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Corfe Castle

Yesterday saw me and Carly toddle off to Corfe Castle. We’d been rained off on our last planned visit and luckily the day was fine. I love Corfe village but we especially wanted to take a peep at the village shop that was featured on Mary Queen of Shops. I have to say we were a little disappointed with the shop - and both agreed it was just “ok”.

View from the car park, we had our picnic in a field to the left.

P1090789

Yup, I did help myself, I later gave it to my mum xx

P1090790

Some pretty cottages in the village.

P1090793

P1090797

Here’s the shop we were curious about.

P1090802

P1090801

Now I’m CERTAINLY no prude but felt their window display of this beer was a tad tacky and not really the impression they are trying to achieve, but no doubt it’s a hit with the tourists.

P1090800

I much preferred this shop, just a few yards up the hill……….

P1090803

I did ask permission to take these pictures inside the shop.

P1090804

P1090807

P1090808

Now for the wonderful castle.

P1090810

How many years before these topple over the side?

P1090811

P1090812

P1090813

P1090816

Next time, we’ll take the steam train!

P1090820

A lovely day!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these photos of your lovely day out Shame about the shop .... do you think they reverted to their old ways once Mary had turned her back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure. The shop was better at the front, as you walked through it looked a bit dated, probably as it was when she came. I did notice two other assistants as well as the owners, so they must be doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, thanks for sharing, i agree about the shop, very tacky, it does make me wonder why they ask for help and then they go and do something so bleurgh. I love the other shop though, i bet i would be very tempted to spend my money in there :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go to some lovely places . I really must go out more

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiya- thanks for the comment on Henny's blog- that's my favourite pic too, it reminded me of when you slide into a gorgeously warm bath and go "aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh"

    I do agree with you about what they've missed in their short lives- they rediscover it so quickly that I really don't think its a case of "what they don't know..."
    Unfortunately, the same thing is happening with so many dairy herds, especially the ones which are on 3 x times daily milking...but don't start me on that!

    Love these pics of Corfe, everytime I drive past it I'm filled with the same amount of awe as when I first saw it as a child- it never loses its wonderment!

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Elaine
    x

    ReplyDelete


Followers