One thing I absolutely love about living in beautiful Dorset is the amount of country shows held here and today was no exception. This time it was The Ellingham Show held in the stunning grounds of Somerley House. It was quite overcast but that didn’t detract from a wonderful few hours.
Don’t they make a grand pair!
Whoops!
My grandson having some angling tuition courtesy of Christchurch Angling Club.
A lovely display of home-made cakes and I loved the vintage kitchen accessories they use. They were a very nice couple and were telling me they use their own eggs for the cakes. Well, actually their hens eggs!!!
I didn’t take any photographs of the craft tent because once again I was very disappointed to see mostly imported crafts, especially in the jewellery line – for goodness sake - I actually saw a Primark necklace on display.
However, I do enjoy the horticultural tent.
These were incredible and made from sugar paste.
These are one of my favourite exhibits, it takes me back to my childhood, silver paper, mirrors, farm animals etc!
A worthy winner.
“Excuse me, mind where you’re poking that stick”
“Daisybelle, DAISBYBELLE, wake up, we’re on next”
Now does that pigs face say contentment or what!
OK, there was this guy cuddling up to his pig and scratching her chin. I’m not ashamed to say what was going through my mind……….I wondered if he cuddled his wife like that, but more to the point I wondered if his wife WANTED him to cuddle her like that (especially if he’s been in the pig pen).
On a serious note, after chatting to him he was a lovely man and absolutely dedicated to his pigs wellbeing. On a final note he said when it was time for them to be slaughtered he had a good abattoir where he had full confidence in the workers, they even play classical music to keep the animals calm.
If only all farm animals were granted this welfare.
Springer spaniels hold a very special place in my heart and the expression of the liver coloured dog was priceless – can you see how she’s leaning ,with her foot bent, in a very bored way! The gun dog scurry was going on and I think the pair were in a sulk.
As for this labrador, the picture speaks for itself. I hasten to add he probably didn’t have enough cash on him (£4 for a flippin hot dog).
wow what a fab day out, i love the photos and the sugar paste flowers are incredible, a very talented craft person! For me the best photo is the dog by the burger van, i can just imagine what's going through it's mind, "sausage please, no onions" :D
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the day out with you. Love the expression on that pigs face - aren't they wonderful?! I would imagine when the lab found out the price he turned away in disgust!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures & the lab one is priceless!
ReplyDeleteLove all your pics of the show,especially the 'piggie' ones! Just having a catch up on your posts,especially the Corfe castle one.We took the little steam train from Norden to Swanage.You must do that when you go next time..it's a lovely trip.Thanks for your lovely comment.Yes..I'm on a roll now with the painting..I love the way it transforms everything!
ReplyDeleteBellaboo :o)
hiya- thanks for your comment...I see that your taste, and price bracket for clothes is exactly the same as mine!
ReplyDeletexx